Join us for fine dining in a spectacular setting.
Dinners at the Magic Meadows Yurt are a magical experience. You’ll ski or snowshoe out to the yurt surrounded by majestic, snow-covered peaks. Nestled among the pines, the yurt welcomes you in with a roaring fire and welcoming staff. You’ll enjoy gourmet dishes prepared by private chef Tim Egelhoff and a selection of fine beverages, including wines, beers, and Montanya Rum cocktails. At the end of the evening, you’ll make your way back to the trailhead beneath a spectacular sky of stars, and maybe even a full moon. This is truly an evening never to be forgotten.
On the Evening of the Dinner
You will meet your guides at the Crested Butte Nordic Center who will help you select the proper cross country ski or snowshoe equipment if needed, and then organize transportation from the Nordic Center to the trailhead which is a quick five minutes away. Your guides will then lead you to the Yurt on our groomed trails.
- 4:30 p.m. – If you need rental equipment please come to the Nordic Center (620 Second Street-at the corner of Second and Whiterock) early to get fitted with your gear.
- 5:00 p.m. – Convene at the Nordic Center to meet your guides and carpool to the trail head, unless you plan on skiing out on your own.
- 5:20 p.m. – Ski out to the yurt with your guides.
- 6:00 p.m. – The doors of the yurt open for cocktails and a mouthwatering appetizer.
- 6:30 p.m. – Dinner service begins. It is a casual affair usually lasting at least a couple of hours.
- Later that evening – Ski back beneath the twinkling stars with a full stomach and a happy spirit.
- At the trail-head you will return gear to the van parked at the trail head and make your way home!
At the Yurt
Once in the warmth of the Yurt, your guides will become your servers and offer you specialty cocktails from Crested Butte’s Montanya Distillery, wine selections, specialty non-alcoholic drinks, and beer from Elevation Beer Company. Live music, performed by local musicians accompanies the meal which is prepared by Chef Tim Egelhoff. One of the most highly regarded chefs in Crested Butte today, Tim Egelhoff has received critical acclaim for his signature Colorado Inspired Cuisine, a style which reintroduces classic European techniques using American artisanal products, local and organic produce and is driven by the dramatic seasons. At the end of the night, your servers will guide you back to the trailhead.
The Yurt can only be accessed with skis or snowshoes via a 1 mile groomed trail from the Peanut Lake Trailhead. The trail is mostly level, with a few rolling hills, taking about 30-45 minutes for beginner skiers and 15-20 minutes for skiers with a bit of experience. Our Yurt Dinners include guides that will show you the way to the yurt if you desire.
$185 per person. Includes: trail passes, equipment rentals, transportation, guides, a five course dinner, libations, and gratuity.
Stay Tuned for 2020/2021 Dinner Reservations!
Stay Tuned for 2020/2021 Dinner Dates
Yurt Dinner Cancellation Policy: All cancellations are subject to a $10 per person cancellation fee to cover reservation costs that CB Nordic incurs. If you cancel more than 2 weeks prior to your reservation, you will receive a full refund minus the cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 weeks of your reservation, your reservation will be refunded only if we are able to rebook our spots. If you cancel within 48 hours, your reservation will not be refunded.