[gallery link="file" ids="2453,2452,2450,2449,2448"]
Maroon Hut Information
The Maroon Hut has raised the bar for backcountry living with a ground source heat pump for heating and hot water, electricity, a full blown kitchen with running water, four bedrooms, and an outhouse.
Sleeps up to 12 people
$240 per night
- The Maroon hut sleeps 8 people on 6 twin beds and 1 double bed in the upstairs living area. It can sleep up to 12 people with 2 additional people sleeping on a couch bed in the living area downstairs, and 2 on cots.
- The cost is $240 per night (not including tax). The hut can only be rented by one party reserving the entire hut. We will not book other people in the hut the same night.
- Check in time is 2 p.m. Check out time is 11 a.m.
- The hut has infloor heat (which comes from a ground source heat pump), electricity and running water, though no indoor toilet. A new forest service style outhouse can be reached by walking along a snow path behind the cabin.
- There is a full supply of cookware: full sized oven, microwave, stovetop burners, etc. It also has plates, pots & pans, a coffeemaker, and silverware to take care of 99% of your cooking needs. Things like a crock-pot or a pastry cutter do not exist out there.
- Make sure to bring: lighter, food (including coffee and filters), sleeping bag, pillow, a hand towel, paper towels, and body soap.
- Be sure to take all of your trash home with you, including all food.
- There are absolutely NO DOGS, no Snowmobiles, and no hunting in Gothic.
- It takes 1 to 2 hours to skin out to the Hut (mostly downhill).
- Since the huts are located at RMBL where numerous research projects lie beneath the snow around the cabins please do not ski anywhere in the Gothic townsite except to and from your cabin, and do not build snowpits or snowcaves.
- Hut renters are required to clean the hut before they checkout. This includes sweeping, mopping, cleaning the bathroom, kitchen, living and sleeping areas. All dishes need to be washed and put away. Please leave the cabin in a condition that is equal or better than you found it and in a way you’d want to find the hut in. Thank you for doing your part.
If you have questions or need assistance, RMBL caretakers live at the Rogers-Boggs (adjacent to the hut) and Gates cabin (East side of Gothic up the hill) – see map of Gothic for details. Feel free to stop in to ask about local skiing conditions.