For Pass Pick-Up, Retail, & Ski Service
Saturday, November 13
We’re excited to welcome you back to the Nordic Center starting this Saturday. Although the recent snow has us all jazzed, the trails in town are not quite ready for grooming. Some folks are skiing at Lily Lake, but it’ll be a bit before we groom up there, so if you head up, grab your classic skis and enjoy a serene tromp through the woods.
Things to know about the Nordic Center this season:
- Masks are required for entry for all people (even if you’re vaccinated).
- 15 guests are allowed in the Center at one time, so you may have to wait outside.
- We’re continuing with online rentals and day pass reservations. Please reserve in advance!
- Please come in the east door by the ice rink for ice skates, and the west door by the snow for skiing.
Please help us stay open by respecting these protocols.
We’ll let you know ASAP when groomed trails are open. For now, starting Saturday, you can stop by to pick up your pass, drop skis off for service (check out the Hot Box Special below), and shop our retail goods. We’ve expanded our retail offerings, so check out the new gloves, jackets, hats, and more by brands like Odlo, Skida, and Swix.
Pinnacle Orthopedics Community Race Series
More of a Good Thing
- We’re excited to announce that this season we’re expanding our citizens races to include more races, more fun options, and more opportunities for building community. The Pinnacle Orthopedics Community Race Series will be taking place between November and March, with 10 races in both CB and Gunnison. We’re introducing fun options like the 5K FunSki Division, an obstacle course, a skiathlon, a post-race beer garden, and more! Learn more here or register now!
Alley Loop Registration is Open!
20% off through December
Junior Programs Need Volunteers
Do Good, Feel Good!
The Crested Butte Nordic Team is looking for volunteers for our afterschool programs. The commitment is one to two days/week, generally from 3:30 – 5:30 pm, starting early December through the second week of March and observing all school breaks. Volunteer two days/week and receive a season pass for your efforts. If you already have a season pass we can refund you! Volunteering with our junior programs is a great way to get outside in the middle of winter. Our coaches and athletes are dedicated and looking to have fun and learn lots! Contact email@example.com if you are interested.
Hot Box Special
$35 until Dec. 13
One of the best things you can do for your skiing is to take care of your skis. Start the season right by having your skis “hot boxed”. Drop off your skis from Saturday until December 13 for a Hot Box treatment for just $35 (regular price: $50). The Hot Box is a deep wax treatment that will a) protect your skis and b) make them faster! Drop them off at our front desk any day of the week between 9 and 5 (once we open on Saturday). Reserve your ski service online!
Grand Traverse Ski Registration is Coming!
December 1, midnight
The most anticipated day of December is just around the corner! No, it’s not the 25th. It’s the 1st! GT Registration is way more momentous than Christmas. GT registration opens at 12:00 a.m. on 12/01. Think of it like race training. Set your alarm. Prepare your equipment. And get ready to fill out that online form fast to secure your spot in this iconic race to Aspen!
You Make All the Difference
Be Part of Our Community
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, Crested Butte Nordic depends on your support to keep our trails world-class and our programs top-notch. Thank you for all the time, energy, and money you donate to make us a true community nordic center.