What do you even do in summer?
Nordic is a year-round endeavor!
Happy summer! How glorious is it out there? While a few days of smoke and wind definitely put a damper on things, it’s nice to see the blue sky and to have rain in the forecast!
Summer at CB Nordic is a time for bike rides, trail runs, and river floats, but it’s also a time for major housekeeping. What does that look like in the nonprofit world?
- Review our budget for the previous season and prepare a new one to start July 1. Keep an eye out in July for our Annual Report (link to last year’s)
- Gather feedback on our events and programs and make changes for the year-ahead.
- Hire new staff for the coming season. Did you see our job postings?
- Report on grants we’ve received and apply for new grants.
- Clean up the database so your names/addresses are correct.
- Teach ourselves new things–learning more about our respective fields helps us serve you better.
- Design merchandise and order retail items.
- Submit permits for upcoming events and activities.
We also have a few programs and events to engage our community!
- The Grin & Bear It is coming up July 16. You can register now!
- The Grand Traverse Run & Bike are actually already full (!!), but you can volunteer to help.
- We’re helping out with the Chainless and need a couple more hands. (You get a free entry!) Email [email protected] to volunteer for the Chainless or the GT.
- The CB Nordic team has begun their summer training with 14 kiddos.
Read on for more about what’s happening at CB Nordic that you can get involved in.
Grin & Bear It Registration
Run with us this summer!
Continuously run for three decades, The Grin & Bear It stands as Crested Butte’s oldest trail challenge. Historically presented as a sprint to Green Lake and back, this classic event has evolved to offer a 25k Loop competition, while still maintaining the traditional 15k Classic race. We’re already 50% full, so if you want to run with us this summer, be sure you register before we sell out!
Come work with us!
Want to be part of a winning team??? Crested Butte Nordic is hiring for a Programs Manager to help us run our community programs. You can be a key part of helping kids and adults in our community live more fulfilling lives through connecting with each other, themselves, and nature. We’re a fun team that plays hard and works hard together to help make our community a great place to live. This position is responsible for overseeing all on-snow programming, including lessons, tours, clinics, junior and masters programming, and community programming. Check out the link to learn more:
Assistant Coach Opening
CB Nordic Team
Come join an amazing group of cross country enthusiasts in one of the most enchanted mountain towns in the West! The Crested Butte Nordic Team (CBNT) is seeking an assistant coach for their competitive Nordic Team. CBNT is a club team in the Rocky Mountain Region. Its dedicated athletes compete at a national level and train year-round. The assistant coach will be expected to attend all practices (during the winter season, with the option to coach year round), travel during the winter to all team races and camps, and assist the Head Coach with many logistical, administrative and technical roles. Learn more here.
Help CB Nordic Represent at the Chainless
A great CB tradition, the Chainless World Championships, is returning this summer! CB Nordic is helping out with the festivities by setting up our Race Arch for the finish-line. We need your help! The arch takes a few people to set up and take down. If you can help us from 2:30 – 3 p.m. and 6 – 6:30 p.m. with set up and take down, we’ll comp your entry to the Chainless. To help, email Events Director, Becky Nation, [email protected].
CB Nordic Team is hard at it!
The Nordic Team never quits! These kids ages 11-18 are training all summer long to stay in shape and get ready for next winter. It’s amazing the dedication these kids bring to this program. They focus on strength, agility, speed, and endurance with a combination of strength training, running, roller-skiing, drills and more. While Nordic may look like an individual sport, every kid talks about how the number one reason they participate is because of their team. We love how this keeps them engaged, motivated, and healthy no matter the season.
You Make All the Difference
Be Part of Our Community
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, Crested Butte Nordic depends on your support to keep our trails world-class and our programs top-notch. Thank you for all the time, energy, and money you donate to make us a true community nordic center.