Get into the action at CB Nordic.
We’re so excited to welcome you all into our winter wonderland at CB Nordic over the holidays. The trails are open, skiers are skiing, tours are touring, rentals are being rented, and yurt dinners begin tonight. It’s a wonderful time to be in CB and we’re glad you’re sharing it with us!
A few reminders to ensure your nordic ski and snowshoe experience goes as smoothly as possible:
- Please reserve your rental equipment and day passes in advance. This will make your pick-up process significantly faster and will expedite the line for everyone else, as well.
- It can be very busy this time of year. Please be patient and kind! Our Front Desk staff are working hard to accommodate as many people as they can as quickly as possible.
- We are allowing 15 people into the Nordic Center at one time, which means you may need to wait outside. Reserve in advance or shop online to make your pick-up go quickly.
- Masks are required inside the Nordic Center for everyone.
- The Nordic Center is open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. everyday, including the holidays.
- All lessons and tours must be reserved at least 24 hours in advance.
Over the holidays we often rent out our entire rental fleet at once, so it’s extra important that you reserve gear in advance. We cannot guarantee walk-up reservations. Same goes for lessons and tours: we’ll try to accommodate you, but to be sure you can get a lesson or tour, book now!
For those of you that already have your passes and skis: just get out there and have fun! It’s truly magical this time of year. Happy holidays!
Invest in our Future
Help Our Facilities Match the Vibrancy of Our Community
- More space in the Nordic Center for you for changing clothes, waxing, and gathering with friends
- More capacity for rental equipment, which will get more kids and adults out on the trails engaging in healthy outdoor recreation
- Home for the Junior Team
- Gathering space for Masters Community, Lessons, Tours, and events
for all ages and abilities
- With snow on the ground and snow in the forecast, it’s time to play in the snow! In addition to our trails/rentals, one of the best ways to get outside is through a guided tour or a lesson. Especially if you’re new to winter, new to nordic, or new to 9,000 feet, we recommend going with a trusted guide/instructor. All of our lessons and tours are customized to your particular goals. You can do a tour of the trails or a tour of the backcountry; a lesson in racing or a lesson in falling (seriously it’s a skill). Your booking is for you!
Smile and wave out there!
- Please remember to wear your pass visibly on the outside of our clothing. If you are stopped by our Trail Hosts, have a nice chat with them.
- If you run into other skiers out there, please remember to say hi, step aside, and give each other some space.
- The same goes for snowshoers! They are allowed to be on the trails, so please slow down and remember to show our CB kindness to all other users.
- Please pick up after your pup and carry the plastic bag to the trash receptacles at the trailheads. There are no magical poo fairies that make it disappear.
- When getting to the trails, be sure to drive slowly down the roads. There can be kids, bikes, dogs, and more out there.
Featured Sponsor of December
Pioneer Guest Cabins
CB Nordic partners with a variety of local businesses to help support our trails and programs. As a community-based Nordic Center, our success is intrinsically tied to that of our community. Our Partners support us, and we encourage you to support them!
This month’s featured partner is the Pioneer Guest Cabins. Located out Cement Creek Road, the guest cabins provide cozy, unique lodging in a serene setting. Just steps away from National Forest, this is a great place to stay if you’re looking for easy access to backcountry skiing and snowshoeing, or just want to snuggle up by a fire in the snowy woods. Learn more.
Small Skiers, Big Cuteness
Sign up is open for Mini-Striders
The Mini-Striders program is starting the first week of January! Mini-Striders is our preschool-aged program meant to introduce your child to skiing and the fun of wintertime outdoor adventures. The program will include learning basic skiing skills, balance, spatial awareness, sliding, gliding, & stopping. The program will run on Wednesdays from January 5 – March 9. It will be 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. for ages 3-4, and 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. for ages 4-5.
Racing has begun!
Next Race is Saturday, January 8
The Pinnacle Orthopedics Community Race Series kicked off on Saturday with a small but mighty field. Congratulations to Andrew Clemence, Brianna Rickert, Stacey Donaldson, and Flint Hoyt for winning their respective categories! Race #2 will be Saturday, January 8. Every race this season will feature a 5K FUNSKI (costumes encouraged!) and a post-race party with libations by Eddyline Brewery. Whether you’re competitive or not, this is a fun way to get outside, get moving, and get connected to new folks. Join us in January!
Gothic Mountain Tour
60% Full - Don't Miss Out!
If you’re planning to do the Gothic Mountain Tour this coming February 27, be sure you register soon! The race is limited to 200 racers, and we’re already 60% of the way there. Don’t fall asleep at the wheel and miss your chance to participate in this epic, gorgeous tour around Gothic Mountain.
Post Presented by
You Make All the Difference
Be Part of Our Community
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, Crested Butte Nordic depends on your support to keep our trails world-class and our programs top-notch. Thank you for all the time, energy, and money you donate to make us a true community nordic center.